Those of you who were at the 2012 Paris Motor Show might surely be remembering that McLaren revealed its P1 concept without unveiling the powertrain or price details whatsoever. McLaren claimed that car is 97 percent production ready as far as its design is concerned. To know about what changes that remaining 3% will amount to, read the following lines.
In order to give the potential buyers as well as journalists who somehow weren’t able to make it to the Paris Motor Show this year, McLaren revealed its P1 concept yet again at a private event in NY City. The upcoming range topper in McLaren’s lineup, P1 is a sleek yet elegant supercar that brand’s spokesman confirms is 97% close to its full development…something that possible buyers will be able to book.
However, as per the spokesman, the remaining 3 percent will include some vents to the bumper to conduit some hot air from the radiator out from the side and finally, mesh grill will also be replaced with the lighter one but it will still have a see-through mesh design to complete the package.
No performance or other details are made available this time either and all we are told is that it’ll be an incredibly fast car but surely not aimed to get the world’s fastest car title away from the Bugatti Veyron SS. McLaren P1 brand manager, Marcus Korbach, says that brand didn’t even once tried to equip the supercar with the power to go beyond the 267.856 mph mark because that would have added too much of weight to the car thereby hampering the handling of P1. McLaren sticks to the vow to present a road worthy car that any non-professional can control easily.
Little more that we know about the upcoming supercar from McLaren is its production is to start in the late 2013, with its deliveries expected to begin in early 2014. The final production version will be revealed at 2013 Geneva Motor Show in March, with its price estimated at $1.1 million.