While purchasing a new car, many buyers are also concerned about its resale value over the next three to five years. Usually, there are several calculations done to estimate the resale value of a car after a specific time. Some important factors considered to make these complex calculations include historical data, financial predictions, market competition, brand value, and demand for a particular brand and model. If you would also want to sell your car after a few years, make your selection based on similar factors. However, for a quick choice, you might like to check out the following cars considered favorites for providing the best resale value.
1. Ford Focus S: This car is the best choice if you want to purchase a low-budget vehicle. It has an average sticker price of approximately $16,670 and offers a great resale value that could average around 62% after three years of purchase and 45% after five years of purchase. You would not find a higher resale value for any other car in the same class as Ford Focus S.
2. Mini Cooper Coupe S: Moving to another sticker price range of $25,000 to $30,000, Mini Cooper Coupe S could be the best choice in terms of resale value. Available at an average price of $24,500, this car can fetch you nearly 68% of resale value after three years of purchase and 53% after five years of purchase. Its creative styling is the major factor contributing to its demand and resale value.
3. Audi A7 3.0 Premium Plus: Among expensive cars that cost more than $50,000, the best choice would be Audi A7 3.0 Premium Plus. This vehicle costs a little over $62,000 and can offer a resale value of 58% after three years of purchase and 41% after five years of purchase.
4. Ford Mustang V6 coupe: If you are more interested in purchasing a sports car, go for this Ford model, as it would give you a resale value of around 63% after three years of purchase and 46% after five years of purchase. Its average sticker price would be a little over $22,000.
5. Honda Odyssey LX: Among minivans, this Honda car stands out with a high resale value of around 51% after three years of purchase and 40% after five years of purchase. The car would originally cost you nearly $28,000.